Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Journal- 2/16/11

I wake up and try to take a deep breath, but the deeper the breath the more severe the pain. The ground is hard beneath my back, and I feel a dull pain in my arm. I must have slipped on a rock and must have fallen off the cliff. I was on my back and my head hurts really bad and I can't remember anything. I remember going hiking on this mountain and the next thing I know I'm laying on my back on a mountain. Also I remember that I'm supposed to be going to a party tonight but I don't think that is going to happen anymore. I can't find my cell phone so I must have lost it during the fall. I sat up and was very dizzy. So I layed back down for a few minutes and fell asleep. Then I woke up and it was dark outside. I had no idea what time it was or what was going on or how long I've been on this mountain. My friends realized that they haven't heard from me at all but they knew I was going hiking. They called the cops to report me missing. It seemed like a long time but I heard a helicopter over my head. I was finally rescued, I was taken to the nearest hospital. When I woke up at the hospital my family was all there. They told me that I was missing for 2 weeks, but it seemed like a lot longer than that. My injures were a concussion, broken back, and a broken left arm. I was unconscious for about 3 days before I finally woke up at the mountain for the first time. I stayed in the hospital for a few more days then finally got to go home with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment