Thursday, February 17, 2011

Free Writing

This weekend I have a volleyball tournament in Omaha, Nebraska. We ride down on a coach bus with a few other teams from our club. We leave on Friday, we play on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and then drive home Monday after we are done playing! I have been going to Omaha for this tournament since I was 13 years old. I've been playing for the same volleyball club, Northern Lights, since I was 13. Playing at Northern Lights has been a great opportunity for me because I have become better at volleyball. Also, my college coach saw me playing at Omaha for the first time, so if I wasn't playing Northern Lights I probably wouldn't have a full-ride scholarship to play at the University of Montana. For this tournament I'm really hoping that we can get first. We've never gotten first there before, but last year we got third. On my team I have the same exact 10 girls as we did last year so our team chemistry started way before everyone else. Northern Lights has players from all over the metro area. On my team there's a girl from Mankato, Northfield, and Belle Plain, Woodbury and they have to drive to Burnsville 3 times a week for practices. I'm really excited for Omaha because I know that we will start off the tournament strong and hopefully win the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment