Friday, April 1, 2011

Science Fiction Paper

Kelsey Schile Period 2 Science Fiction Paper When I opened my eyes I noticed a totally different world than what I remembered. I didn’t know what was going on. I was lying on my back in my bed, just like snow white. I sat up slowly looking at everything around me. The room I was in was full of stuffed animals and everything princess, which was my bedroom. I quietly walked out of my bedroom and walked down the hallway to the staircase. When I got to the staircase I could hear someone downstairs in the kitchen making noise. I immediately froze and didn’t know what to do. I could feel all the blood in my body running down to my feet; I felt like a ghost, I even looked like a ghost. I walked down the stairs as quiet as I could, just like I mouse. Once I got to the bottom of the stairs I peeked my head around the corner and nothing was there. As I took my first step around the corner the front door opened, I ran straight up to my bedroom and quietly locked the door. In my head I was thinking what was going to happen to me, how am I going to get out, who is in my house. I glanced down and saw my hand; they were all wrinkling and old looking. I felt my face and I could feel the wrinkles in my face, I started to worry! I was asking myself so many questions, “Am I dying? What is going on? Why am I like this?” I opened my bedroom door and tip-toed to the bathroom to look in the mirror. I couldn’t believe what I saw in that mirror. I saw an old lady and it couldn’t have been me. I was only 14 years old, I’m not old. I was so confused why I was like this. I decided to face my fears and walk downstairs and ask the trespasser why they were in my house. So I marched out of the bathroom and march right up to the trespasser and realized that he looked really attractive. He looked old just like I did; he was taller than me and very handsome. I wasn’t scared at all to face this creature until I got right up next to him, then I was terrified. I gulped and raised the courage up and said, “why are you in my house?!” He didn’t answer. I asked again, “why are you in my house?!” He just stood there and stared at me. Then he asked, “Why are you in my house?” I told him that I didn’t understand and I told him that this is my house and has been for the last 14 years. He thought I was psycho and was giving me a look that told me he thought I was crazy. I asked him what was going on. He said he’s lived here the past 14 years. I thought I was confused before, now I’m really puzzled. He then told me I’ve been frozen the last 100 years in my bedroom and that everything has changed. I thought he was crazy this time. I asked him who he was and he said, “Hi my name is Jimmy. What’s your name?” As he winked at me. I stuttered a few time but finally spit it out and said “S-S-S-Sally,” and giggled. After our little flirt session he asked how old I was, I got really nervous! I didn’t know what to tell him, I didn’t want to tell him that I was 14! I sat there and pondered on how old I thought he was, but I just asked him instead. He said that he was 58 years old. My first thought was well I’m way past 58 if you told me I was frozen for 100 years! When I sat there looking at him and trying to think of a number he asked me again how old I was. So I just blurted out 56, he got the biggest smile on his face I’ve ever seen. After having about 5 seconds of awkward eye contact he asked me to go get dinner with him, of course I said yes! We both got ready to go to a fancy dinner together at a great restaurant downtown. After we were ready we bolted out the door to his fancy new Cadillac and sped off to the restaurant. It took about 25minutes to get to this restaurant. When we finally got there I saw a boat out in the middle of the ocean and that was it. I asked him, “where are we eating, Jimmy?” he said out there and pointed to the big boat in the middle of the ocean. My jaw fell straight to the floor and I was speechless. All of a sudden I got a whole pack of butterflies swarming in my stomach, I felt very much respected by Jimmy because he did all this work for me. We walked out to the dock and there was a gondola waiting for me and Jimmy and our own person driving. So we got into the gondola and sailed off to the boat for our lovely dinner. Once we got there we climb up the later to find a little picnic table with candles and pasta waiting for us to eat. Everything was so amazing; it reminded me of the parent trap in a way which was my favorite movie when I was younger. Over dinner Jimmy and I talked about many things such as politics, our past, our favorite hobbies and interests and many more things. Jimmy is someone I can really connect with and I feel comfortable around him. A few hours past and it was already 9 o’clock. So we hop onto the gondola and sail back to the dock and his fancy Cadillac. Once we get into the Cadillac we drive back to Jimmy’s house. I was getting ready to leave Jimmy’s house when I remembered that I have nowhere to go. I don’t know what year it is, what month it is, I’m totally lost. I asked Jimmy if I could stay on his couch for tonight until I figure out what I’m doing with my “new” life. He said of course, I’m welcome to stay as long as I want too or need too. So Jimmy goes into his bedroom and gets ready for bed and I go into the bathroom to get ready for bed. About two hours later we’re both sound asleep. The next morning I wake up to the smell of pancakes, eggs, bacon, and muffins and many other delicious foods. Jimmy had made breakfast for me while I was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment